Monday 25 April 2011

The Endless frustration known as bike racing












So these last few weeks of racing have ended in total frustration and disappointment and I can’t do anything about it. I haven’t blogged for quite a while as I haven’t really had much to write about with terrible results and what not.

As a sufferer of Hay-fever which results in me needing a ventolin accuhaler due to the carnage it puts my chest through these last few weeks have been pretty rubbish! With the pollen count being high it has been affecting my performance greatly.

Les Ingman

I rode this race last weekend and we had a strong team put out for it with myself, Tom Moore, Drew Holmes, Tom Laker, Brock, Matt ‘Northern Star’ Pilkington and Henry Bird. This race didn’t end too well for me only lasting the thick end of 20k’s before chucking up all over myself... which wasn’t pleasant to be honest! However Matt went on to get 12th and a strong performance from Brock and Tom Laker.

Surrey League Milland Hill:

Saturday 23rd April The team was at Milland Hill an 8 lap road race which resulted in us hitting the 25% hill 9 times (there is no typo here there is actually a 25% Climb) I was feeling strong in the race but I missed 2 bottles on consecutive laps and the heat killed me leaving me de-hydrated even though I drunk a ridiculous amount before the race and started with 2 full bottles. I had to abandon the race annoyingly with 2 laps to go due to cramp. It was a shame really as I felt good for the first time in a while and would have got a good finish if I managed to get the feed!

Belgium Erpe

Sunday 24th April took the Junior team over to Erpe Supporting was my mum, dad, brother, Trevor Holmes and Joe Mcgill (@joe_mcgill) It was the first time in a long while where I felt good before a race. However I suffered a puncture in the warm up and then punctured on the first lap of 16... A course that suited me to the ground... the frustration in my head is so high at the minute but my luck should change soon.

It’s only a few more weeks until my Hay-fever goes so after that I will be back to my normal racing ways.

I’m also using the Hillingdon Summer series as training. I have been riding those races very aggressively so the results are soon to come rolling in and I will be racking up the points after a few more weeks of tight chests, sneezing and sick!

Cheers for Supporting and Reading

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment